Private jets are always associated with a luxury style and most of us believe that the price of flying a private jet is so high that only the richest individuals can afford it. This is definitely not far from the truth and a private jet is certainly an expensive mode of transportation, but how much does it cost in Nigeria? Find out right now!
1. Who Can Fly A Private Jet?
We are used to thinking about private jets being a mainstay of a rich and famous lifestyle. Indeed, if you follow a lot of celebrities on Instagram, you can often see them lounging in a private jet while it takes them to their next performance location or on a luxury vacation. This is definitely one of the most popular ways to use a private jet, but it’s not the only one.
Private jets are widely used by regular people, provided that they have the means, when there is an urgent situation. For example, a private jet can be used to transport a patient to another city to receive urgent medical care. And the good news is that you don’t need to own a private jet to be able to fly one. There are several companies in Nigeria that offer private jets with professional pilots for hire.
2. How Does It Work?
If you’ve never flown a private jet and are curious how the whole process works, you are not alone. Millions of people would like to know how this system operates. Here are the 5 facts about using private jets you should know.
- You cannot buy a seat on a private jet – you can only hire the whole aircraft, but you can bring several passengers on the flight with you to divide the costs.
- You will still need to take your visa and other necessary documents to legally enter the target country. Even if you are travelling domestically, a passport is still required.
- Catering is usually included in the price of the private jet flight, but if you have specific dietary requirements, make sure to tell the crew in advance.
- You can travel with your pets, but they will need to have their veterinary passports and their vaccinations should be up-to-date.
- A private jet can wait for you if you’re slightly late, but to prevent the jet from breaking its itinerary and making the next passengers wait longer for their flight, you should try your best to get to the airport on time.
3. How Much Does It Cost?
The price of a private jet flight depends on several factors, including the duration of the flight, and size and age of the aircraft, and the location of the target airport. For example, if your destination is located very far away and the jet will not have any passengers on its way back to Nigeria, you may be charged extra for the return flight.
On average, private jet companies in Nigeria charge from $3,000 to $6,000 per hour for a flight. When travelling within Nigeria, an hour is usually enough to get to most destinations. It means that you can fly a private jet for approximately ₦1 million. This can seem like a lot to pay on your own, but if you share the expenses with your friends, the price becomes more affordable.